The mission of the Black Education Association (BEA) at Virginia Commonwealth University is to create a community of African-American scholars and professionals committed to using our collective resources and knowledge to:
- collaborate with the university to realize its mission and strategic plan in regards to diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- ensure equitable representation of Black faculty and staff throughout the university community;
- promote the professional development of African-American faculty and staff;
- recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of those who contribute to the advancement of African-American faculty in teaching, research, and service at VCU; and
- prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout the university.
The Black Education Association (BEA) is a community of scholars, educational professionals, and specialists at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) committed to advancing institutional equity, diversity, and inclusion through education, research, administration, and service.